Friday 3 January 2014

Fitness Fridays

To keep myself accountable in the new year, I am going to attempt to post about my fitness achievements (or lack thereof) each week. You know, public shaming and what not.

I stated getting fit as one of my overall goals for 2014, and I feel the need to stress how important it is. I wish to be a successful, competent, effective equestrian and I cannot achieve those aspirations as a couch potato. I have put on a lot of weight over the last few years - much of it due to health reasons, some of it due to just plain giving up - and this makes me unhappy, both in my personal life and in my horse life. It's time to get back in the saddle, both figuratively and literally, so why not use my blog to help me get there?

In the interest of keeping this horse blog an actual horse blog, I will limit these posts in length and frequency. If you don't care to hear me moan about getting my ass handed to me at the gym, feel free to skip reading my blog on Fridays. But if you have an interest in fitness as well, encouragement, discussion, and camaraderie is welcomed. Strength in numbers!

Pretty much.

10 comments:

  1. I have similar goals this year! I feel ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tired of feeling like I'm in a fat suit, haha.

      Delete
  2. Fitness Friday is a good one. I will try to stay commited with you. Week one I have already failed though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Week 1 for me included lounging and cookies. But it's my last few days of rest before school starts on Monday so I'm okay with it.

      Delete
  3. Its always good to have a motivator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I need something to keep me accountable.

      Delete
  4. I just baked cookies so I'll be there for you in spirit :P Although I've been thinking I need to whip my butt into equestrian shape as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Year Resolutions don't start till after the holiday break... Right?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from fellow equestrians.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from fellow equestrians.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP